ENG 215 WEEK 3 ASSIGNMENT 1
ENG 215 Week 3 Assignment 1
Assignment 1: Research Proposal – Thesis, Major Points, and Plan
Due Week 3 and worth 100 points
For this assignment, select a topic for your persuasive writing paper.
Write a one to two (1-2) page research proposal in which you:
- Identify the topic selected and explain two (2) reasons for using it.
- Include a relevant draft thesis statement and explain why you believe this statement will help you focus your paper.
- Describe three (3) major characteristics of your audience (official position, decision-making power, current view on topic, and / or other important characteristics).
- Describe the paper’s scope and outline the major sections. Note:Keep in mind that you will develop your paper in three parts (Assignment 2 – Assignment 4). Review the structure of each individual assignment and create your outline based on that structure.
- Identify and explain the key questions your audience needs to have answered. Next, describe where you will look to find the answers to these questions. Be sure to provide concrete examples of where you intend to look to find those answers.
- Explain your research plan, including the methods of researching and organizing research.
- Document at least three (3) sources that you intend to use in your paper. Use credible, academic sources available through Strayer University’s Resource Center. Provide a brief summary (25-50 words) of each source’s contents and how you intend on connecting that source to your paper topic.Note:Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.